PhD candidate of the Tourism & Leisure program.
Member of the Research Group on Territorial Analysis and Tourism Studies (GRATET).
Department of Geography, Faculty of Tourism & Geography, Rovira i Virgili University.
ResearchGate Profile: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Min_Zhang173
Min (Lucy) ZHANG currently is a PhD candidate at the University of Rovira i Virgili. She had been a research fellow at the University of Surrey (U.K) 2017-18 as a part of PhD training program.
She has been engaged in working with multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural professionals to make tourism play a pivoal role for sustainable local development through project design and implementation, with principal concerns of community participation, and creating shared value. She is a member of the Shared Value Initiative (Harvard University & FSG) and she has worked closely with international organizations like UNESCO and UNDP on various projects in China.
Selected recent publications
- M, ZHANG. (2019) Boundaries or Borders? Transformation from Ethnic Cultural Representation to Place Identity. Tourism, Culture and Communication. 2019 (3).
- M, ZHANG. & L, ZENG. (2016) Witness a breakthrough of colonial heritage for sustainable tourism and local development-Jianshui case, Yunnan. In Verdni, G. & Ceccarelli, P. (eds) Creative Small Settlement. Culture-Based Solutions for Local Sustainable Development. University of Westminster, London. Pgs 10-20.
- Y, JIANG. & M, ZHANG.(2013) Evaluation on ecological sustainability of tourist destinations based on PSR model—a case study of Yulong county, Yunnan China. Resource Science. 35 (2): 332-340.
- Y, JIANG. Z, SONG & M, ZHANG. (2013) Ecological compensation to tourist destinations: progress and prospect. Resource Science, 35 (11): 2194-2201.
Selected recent conferences, keynotes, invited lectures and presentations
Power in Community-based Tourism: Transformation from CSR to CSV. Forum on Integration and Development of Culture and Tourism. Guangxi Normal University, Guilin, China. 2018. Presentation
- Tea-Horse Trail Cultural Route in China: Theory and Practice. Council of Europe & European Institute of Cultural Routes International Forum. 2017. Presentation
Boundaries or Borders? Transformation from Ethnic Cultural Representation to Place Identity. 6th International Conference on Tourism and Hospitality between China and Spain. Madrid, Spain. 2016. Presentation.
- Witness a breakthrough of colonial heritage for sustainable tourism and local development. International seminar on Small Settlements and the Cultural Dimension of Urbanization in China. Paris, France. 2016. Presentation.
- UNESCO International Conference on Culture for Sustainable Cities. Hangzhou, China, 2015. Presentation